Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ready to go

Just a short note as I gather the last pieces together. This whole process is rather surreal, especially given that C is away. Just realizing that tonight might be my last night alone in the house for a very long time. Wondering how it will feel to leave work in a hurry to be back with my baby girl, rather than lingering over last details. And musing on how it will feel to be needed by someone in such a basic way.

I'm also very excited to be visiting Taiwan and starting a relationship not only with this beautiful little girl, but really with an entire culture. C's ties to Chinese culture haven't been exactly strong and I think we're both eager to focus a little more on that culture. Not only the foods and holidays, but to take the time to actually understand some of the history and complex philosophy/religion that is so central to that history. In all our spare time when we aren't running around trying to keep up with our little girl.

I think we've decided on a name, but it's hard to make final decisions over email and IM. We'll definitely post on the blog once she has a first name, since I know many of you are waiting to find out. Next post from Taiwan!

No comments: